• Objective of Policy
The objective of this Policy is to protect the privacy of individuals dealing with Us and to explain how We collect, use, disclose and store Personal Information in accordance with the APPs. This Policy also describes why We collect Personal Information and how You can access and correct Personal Information about You. This Policy does not cover information collected about employees.
• Type of Personal Information collected
We may collect Personal Information or opinions about You in the normal course of Our dealing with You. This Personal Information is collected in order to conduct business with You. The Personal Information includes Your name and email address that is required by Us to conduct business.
• How We collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information:
• directly from You when You sign on to the Application using Your smartphone mobile telephone;
• from cookies when You access Our website; and
• from third parties whose goods and services are hosted by and run through the Application.
Personal Information provided to Us will always be handled by Us in accordance with this Policy and the APPs.
• Purposes for which Personal Information is collected
We collect Personal Information for one or more of the Primary Purposes.
• Notification of collection of Personal Information
If Personal Information about You is collected from someone other than You and if We are notified that You are not aware that We have collected the Personal Information then We will take reasonable steps to notify You that the Personal Information has been collected and will be dealt with in accordance with this Policy and the APPs.
• Use or disclosure of Personal Information
We provide goods and services to Our business customers. In order to obtain these goods or services, You will need to submit Personal Information to Us. However, Personal Information provided by You for the purpose of obtaining any goods or services may be tracked, edited and / or disclosed in order to:
• provide You with the goods or services You have requested;
• help Us develop, improve, manage and administer all of the services We provide to You;
• comply with the law;
• investigate, respond to and defend claims made against, or involving Us; and
• give effect to a contract or agreement which We have with You.
• Direct marketing
We may use or disclose the Personal Information for direct marketing purposes to inform You of, among other things, new products, promotions and discounts. If We have received Personal Information from third parties, We may use or disclose it for direct marketing if You have consented to receiving direct marketing or it is impracticable to obtain that consent. We will also give You the opportunity to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications.
• Security of Personal Information
We maintain security of digital records through password protection and restricting access to Personal Information to authorised personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure.
• Retention of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information for a period of 6 years from the time Our dealings with You become inactive. Ordinarily, We will destroy the information held at the end of 6 years or any reasonable time thereafter.
• Access to Personal Information
You can request to access the Personal Information We hold about You if it is stored by Us. The information will be provided within a reasonable time after receiving Your request, at a reasonable cost based on time spent in retrieving the information. Requests for information may be sent to Us using any of the contact details provided in this Policy.
We may refuse to give access to Personal Information under certain circumstances permitted by law, such as where the request for access is frivolous or vexatious, giving access to information is unlawful, or if We suspect unlawful activity or anticipated legal proceedings with You. If We refuse to provide information, We will provide written notice to You within reasonable time which sets out the reasons for refusal unless it is unreasonable to do so.
• Quality of Personal Information
We are committed to ensure that the Personal Information collected or used or disclosed is reasonably accurate, up-to-date and complete.
• You may seek correction
If You become aware that the Personal Information stored by Us is wrong, You have the right to have such Personal Information rectified. This facility is provided free of charge to You. You may rectify the Personal Information by providing any necessary documentation. Such details may be supplied by using any of the contact details provided in this Policy. The Personal Information will be corrected within a reasonable time after receiving all necessary documents.
• Notification of correction
If We correct Personal Information about You that We previously disclosed to another organisation and if You request Us to notify that other organisation of the correction, We will take reasonable steps to give that notification unless it is impracticable or unlawful for Us to do so.
The APPs allow for You to deal with Us without the need to identify Yourself or by using a pseudonym. Considering the nature of Our business, it is impracticable for Us to deal with You if You have not identified Yourself. If We are not able to collect Your Personal Information, We may not be able to provide appropriate products or services or do business with You or any organisation with which You are connected. Moreover, in certain circumstances, such as, when You access Our website, You may choose not to provide certain Personal Information, but then You might not be able to take advantage of many of the features in Our website.
• Privacy complaints and enquiries
We welcome feedback about privacy issues and will endeavour to attend to all questions and complaints promptly. You can contact Us about any privacy issues. If You are not satisfied with Our response, a complaint can be lodged with the Australian Information Commissioner on
http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint or You can call the OAIC enquiries line on 1300 363 992.
In this Policy:
• “Act” means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
• “Application” means the eLearning platform application known as Teazl that is downloaded onto and accessed by smartphone mobile telephones.
• “APPs” means the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in Schedule 2 of the Act.
• “Company” means Future Journeys Pty Limited ABN 092 455 680 trading as Teazl.
• “Personal Information” means information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion. Examples include name, address, phone number, email address, credit card number, bank account number, physical traits, hobbies, usage patterns, family members and income.
• “Primary Purposes” means any or all of:
• selling and related activities;
• providing customer support; and
• conducting day to day business of Ours.
• “We” and “Us” means the Company, and “Ours” has a corresponding meaning.
• “You” means an individual dealing with Us, and “Your” and “Yourself” have corresponding meanings.
• Contact details
Designation: Administration Assistant
Telephone: 02 85400841
Post: 608 Bunnerong Road, Matraville NSW 2036
Date this Policy was last amended: 12 March 2015